- The Government’s central page for information about coronavirus:
- MK Council’s guidance page:
- Daily updates from MK Council are put out through their social media channels, @mkcouncil1 on Facebook and @mkcouncil on Twitter.
- MK’s Mayor, Cllr Sam Crooks, also gives daily updates on his Facebook page, @MayorMK.
Helping One Another
- MK Council has produced two booklets, the ‘MK good neighbour guide’ and ‘how you can help’, both of which can be found here:
- MK Council and MK Community Foundation have launched an appeal fund, the MK Emergency Response Appeal. Through this, you can donate money to help fund MK charities and community groups that are supporting vulnerable people through the coronavirus outbreak. You can donate and find out more here:
- MK Council has teamed up with the MK Foodbank to launch Foodbank Xtra to offer more help to those who find themselves in crisis during the outbreak. You can find out how to donate or access the service here:
- Community Action: MK has published a list of local groups offering support in response to the outbreak:
Guidance for Business
- This resource helps provide guidance for businesses setting out details of the Small Business Grants Fund (SBGF) and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-business-support-grant-funding-guidance-for-businesses
- This resource delivers guidance for employers and businesses on Coronavirus: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/guidance-for-employers-and-businesses-on-coronavirus-covid-19
- MK Council have been provided with £40 million worth of funding from the government to help retail, hospitality and leisure sector businesses with grants, you can find out more here: https://www.beneveritt.com/news/government-provides-mk-council-ps40m-support-businesses
- Letter from the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Alok Sharma, to those working in retail: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-letter-to-the-retail-sector
- Detailed guide for help and support if your business is affected by the Coronavirus: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/help-and-support-if-your-business-is-affected-by-coronavirus-covid-19
Guidance for Residents
- This resource helps to give you an idea of what financial support you might be able to get during the coronavirus outbreak:
- If you are worried about your financial situation because of coronavirus, guidance from the Council on what help is available is given here:
- If you are having trouble paying your rent, you may be entitled to a discretionary housing payment. More information here:
- If you are struggling to pay your council tax because of coronavirus, you may be entitled to a council tax reduction. More information here:
Guidance for Residents - Vulnerable Groups & the Elderly
- The government have produced adult social care guidance here:https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-adult-social-care-guidance-to-protect-the-most-vulnerable-against-covid-19
- Age UK have also set up an information page issuing their own advice: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/coronavirus/coronavirus/
- If you have any concerns about anything else, including welfare, care or housing, they can contact Age UK’s free advice line: 8am-7pm : 0800 055 6112.
- If you, or anyone you know, is at risk from issues such as self-neglect, domestic violence, or other harm visit MK Council’s safeguarding pages for advice (in an emergency call 999):
- MK-Act provides support to those suffering domestic abuse:
- If you want to report an issue such as fraud you can contact 0808 2231133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health Resources
- The NHS has put together this resource to help you look after your mental health during this difficult time:
- And here is one from the charity Mind:
Council Service Updates
- MK Council is having to change or limit how it runs its services. Information can be found here, but also on the Council’s social media pages (@mkcouncil1 on Facebook and @mkcouncil on Twitter):
Follow the Prime Minister's Social Media Feed